To date, Together NC partners have organized 5 Town Hall discussion across the state. The newest addition is Elizabeth City, scheduled for May 22nd. We are working on dates for Rocky Mount, New Bern, Durham, and Winston-Salem.
If you have suggestions for other locations or are willing to help organize an event in your town, please let us know.
The purpose of the discussions is to let elected officials hear from folks in their communities about the importance of public programs and services so they can make budget decisions that support communities and families and do not undermine the state's economic recovery.
As a reminder, here’s a list of the scheduled Town Halls with locations, dates and times:
* May 18th- Asheville- 8:30 am to 10:30 am at the United Way of Asheville and Buncombe County (thanks to Children First/Communities In Schools of Buncombe County and Action for Children for organizing)
* May 18th- Fayetteville- 10 am to noon at the Cumberland County Bordeaux Branch Library (thanks to AARP for organizing)
* May 22nd- Elizabeth City- 9 to 11 am at the Pasquotank County 4-H Extension Office (thanks to the United Way for organizing)
* May 28th – Charlotte- 6 to 8pm at the Mecklenburg Charlotte Main Library
* June 4th- Pittsboro- 7 to 9pm at the Pittsboro campus of Central Carolina Community College (thanks to the League of Women Voters NC for organizing)
Please help us turn out people to these events. We want to hear from local providers, advocates, families, teachers, students, etc.
Please call or email with questions.
Meg Gray and Rob Thompson
Meg: email@example.com (919)-856-3192
Rob: firstname.lastname@example.org (919) 866-3280