South Blvd & Archdale Dr
Bring signs & candles. Print out flyers to hand out where ever you are.
Info: Action Center For Justice
Troy Davis was convicted of murdering a Georgia police officer in 1991. Nearly two decades later, Davis remains on death row – even though the case against him has completely fallen apart. » Learn more about Troy Davis
GLOBAL DAY FOR TROY DAVIS
Troy Davis, a man who may well be innocent, has a 30-day stay of execution that is about to expire. No court has yet held a hearing on the new evidence of tainted testimony, yet they are willing to end his life. On May 19th, every person can help make a difference by participating in any activity, event or creative action that calls attention to the injustice of his case.
» Find out what Global Day activities are happening in your state
» Organize and register your own Global Day of Action for Troy Davis event
» Download and print the May 19 Atlanta rally flyer
» Don't forget: Share pictures from your Day of Action events or activities
» Don't forget: Give us feedback on your Day of Action
HANDPRINT PETITION FOR TROY DAVIS
Each step of the way, authorities have continued to try to wash their hands of their responsibility to ensure that justice is achieved and an innocent man is not executed. No more! Please help us create one segment of a very long, visually striking, cloth petition to Georgia authorities. We will attach them all together. » Help us create a massive petition for justice!
LATEST NEWS ON TROY DAVIS
The Court extended Davis' stay of execution for 30 days to give him a chance to file a habeas corpus petition with the US Supreme Court. » More information on the court's decision and case background
TROY DAVIS RESOURCES
GLOBAL DAY ACTION IDEAS
» Encourage friends online to email Georgia's Governor Perdue using blogs, social networks, and other websites
» Download and print the petition to help gather more signatures
» Visit GFADP to see what activists are doing in Georgia
» Urge clergy members and religious leaders to sign on to this letter (.doc) condemning the death penalty
» Write a letter to the editor of your local paper. It's quick and easy using the ACLU's website.
» Spread the word: Text "TROY" to 90999 on your cell phone
Please do not contact the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles directly right now, as doing so could be detrimental to Troy's case. Instead, we encourage you to contact Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue.
Read the report:
Read the press releases:
- Supreme Court's Death Penalty Ruling in Troy Davis Case Reveals 'Catastrophic Flaws in the U.S. Death Penalty Machine'
- Religious Leaders, Members of Congress, Entertainers, Civil Rights Leaders Lead Worldwide Clemency Call for Troy Davis
- Amnesty International USA Applauds Stay of Execution for Troy Davis
- Amnesty International USA Applauds Georgia Supreme Court Action in Troy Davis Case
- Amnesty International USA Calls Georgia Supreme Court Hearing on Troy Davis Case 'Essential,' Saying 'the Original Case Has No Legs'
- Amnesty International USA Decries Ruling in Troy Davis Case
- Amnesty International Condemns Parole Board Decision to Allow the Execution of Troy Davis
- Amnesty International Praises Stay of Execution for Troy Davis
- Amnesty International Decries U.S. Supreme Court Decision to Deny Troy Davis Petition
- In Final Days Before Troy Davis Execution Date, Concerned Public Worldwide Demands Action